Odfjell Terminals (Charleston) LLC, known as OTC, began operations in December 2013, bringing new solutions to the East Coast United States, strategically located on Charleston’s Cooper River, South Carolina, USA. OTC is a premier distribution terminal to serve the bulk liquid and specialty chemical, vegetable oil and petroleum industry in the south-eastern and logistically favoured central United States. OTC is a sophisticated tank terminal with pressurized tanks with marine, railcar, isotank and tank truck accessibility, automatic nitrogen compensation systems, as well as an advanced vapor control system.
OTC Phase 1 includes nine tanks totalling 79,400 cbm (500,000 barrels). For future phases the terminal development will be on a build to order basis which may evolve to realize up to 40 tanks with a total capacity of about 160,000 cbm (~1,000,000 bbls). Tank sizes may vary from 300 cbm to 15,900 cbm (4,000 to 100,000 bbls), including drumming facilities, warehouse and P&ID unit all depending on client demand and requirement.
The terminal is easily accessible for sea-going tankers and barges, railcars, tank trucks, isotanks and pipelines. OTC Phase 1 has one ship dock capable of handling vessels up to 75,000 dwtwith drafts up to 42 feet. OTC is well equipped with broad rail tank car (12 load spots and space for 51 rail cars on site including rail car direct to vessel and vice versa capability) and road tank truck handling facilities (three load on scale truck racks) as well as bulk liquid transloading services.
Transloading is a logical solution for customers seeking alternative means of transferring products from one mode of transportation to another, while maintaining strict product stewardship in a safe and efficient manner. This operation allows for expedited shipments in a cost-effective manner by avoiding tank storage as well as reducing or eliminating detention and demurrage of equipment.
- Linked to North America’s CSX and Norfolk Southern railroad networks and the United States’ Interstate
Highway system for distribution throughout the United States, Canada and Mexico
- Multiple stainless steel rail header systems enabling the loading and unloading of railcars to / from the shore tanks
- Direct transfer from rail cars to ships or barges, at rates up to 500 cbm (3 500 bbls) per hour
- Automated scale system controls truck loading process through computerized control features
- Load-on-scale truck stations enabling the loading and unloading of tank trucks and isotanks to/from the shore tanks
- Transloading capabilities to/from trucks, isotanks and/or railcars
- OTC is working to obtain ISO and Responsible Care® certifications
Odfjell Terminals (Charleston) (OTC) is 100% owned by Odfjell Terminals. Odfjell Terminals is owned by Odfjell SE (51%) and Lindsay Goldberg (49%).