Odfjell Terminals (Houston) (OTH), 100% owned by Odfjell Terminals*, is strategically located at the entrance of the Houston ship channel, one of the major hubs of the world for the production and export of chemicals. OTH has been a premier supplier to the liquid bulk chemical industry for over three decades and remains one of the most sophisticated chemical tank terminals in the world with its pressurized tanks and nitrogen compensation systems as well as an advanced vapor return system. OTH is a Foreign Trade Zone site.
The terminal has a total capacity of 379,629 cbm (2,387,795 bbls), spread over 119 tanks. Tank sizes vary from 340 to,9 550 cbm (2,160 to 60,000 bbls). OTH operates 41 stainless steel tanks, counting for 112,835 cbm (709,984 bbls).
The terminal is easily accessible for sea-going tankers, barges, rail tank cars and road tank trucks. OTH has two docks for deep-sea ships and four berths for barges. Since the American distribution network is heavily depending on rail and road infrastructure, OTH is well equipped with broad rail tank car and road tank truck handling facilities:
• Linked to the North American rail network for distribution throughout the United States, Canada and Mexico
• Multiple stainless steel rail header systems enabling the loading and unloading of up to 110 rail cars on eight tracks
• Direct transfer from rail cars to ships or barges, at rates up to 500 cbm (3 500 bbls) per hour
• 14 truck stations with multiple load-on-scale racks located throughout the terminal
• Automated scale system controls truck loading process through computerized control features
• Transloading services through stainless steel transfer system
OTH was the first public terminal in the United States to become a Responsible Care® partner with ISO-9001 and RC/ISO-14001 certifications. As a result of its industry leading QHSE standards and operating practices, OTH has earned the trust of the surrounding community, regulatory entities and its customers. OTH is a Foreign Trade Zone facility. OTH offers isotank/truck to railcar and vice versa transloading services through stainless steel transfer system.
*Odfjell Terminals is owned by Odfjell SE (51%) and Lindsay Goldberg (49%).