Safety and Quality at the core
The safe operation of chemical tankers depends on highly qualified officers and crew. Our safety performance, vetting and port state control performance on our managed vessels provide frequent confirmation of Odfjell’s expertise and steady focus on safety and quality.
For Odfjell – with our core business of storing and shipping some of the world’s most hazardous chemicals – having a competent and diligent crew is possibly even more important for us than for any other business. Building a strong and comprehensive safety culture is one of Ship Management’s highest priorities.
Safety is fundamental to everything we do.
Our fleet comply with all relevant legislations set by IMO (International Maritime Organization) under UN and ships Flag state. The recognized organization (Class) will on behalf of flag state control and certify that the company and our vessels comply, and are covered by with applicable international regulations.
We comply to rules and regulations.
Odfjell has an environmental management system that is audited several times a year as a part of the Tanker Management Self-Assessment (TMSA), and this is reported to OCIMF.
Our vessels are holding following certification covering compliance with international environmental rules and policies:
- Document of compliance for the company covering International Safety Management (ISM) certification
- Document of compliance for the ship covering International Safety Management (ISM) certification
- IOPP (International Oil Pollution Prevention) Certificate.
- ISPP (International Sewage Pollution Prevention) Certificate.
- IAPP (International Air Pollution Prevention) Certificate.
- International Anti-Fouling System Certificate.
- International Energy Efficiency Certificate.
- International Ballast Water Management Certificate
- Certificates of Civil Liability for Oil Pollution
- International Certificate of Fitness Chemicals in Bulk (IBC)