By today, Bow Optima’s sister ships Bow Orion, Bow Olympus and Bow Odyssey are sailing in Odfjell’s ‘round-the-world’ trade, catering to our customers’ requirements for safe and efficient transportation of liquids and chemicals. These products are building blocks in an array of items we all depend on, some more important than others these days: anti-bacterial liquids, face masks, protective gloves and glasses, soaps and detergents, phones and computers, to name a few.
“Bow Optima and her sister ships represent a big leap forward when it comes to optimizing vessels for more energy-efficient and eco-friendly shipping. These vessels are tailor-made for the worldwide chemical tanker market, and adds highly sophisticated tonnage to our most important trades. The first vessel entered into trade eight months ago, and the experiences so far have met all our ambitious targets”
Kristian Mørch, CEO
The delivery of the fourth ship marks a milestone in Odfjell’s extensive newbuilding program. It was a historic moment when the delivery contract was signed and the Shipboard Management Team gathered for the flag hoisting onboard.
For Bow Optima, the COVID-19 restrictions have led to unforeseen challenges in the final phase of construction and Captain Marius Løftingsmo will have to wait until conditions allow to be joined by the pioneer crew. In the meantime, the vessel will remain at the Hudong Shipyard, and the Captain and his management team will take the extra time to get Bow Optima perfectly prepared for the maiden voyage.
“This week’s delivery is the result of extraordinary diligence, dedication and cooperation from the yard, Odfjell’s site management team and close partners. We thank everyone for the impressive extra efforts through an unprecedented and demanding process”
Kristian Mørch, CEO
Selected features – the Hudong class:
- Built by Hudong-Zhonghua Shipbuilding Co.Ltd Shanghai China
- 49,000 dwt Stainless Steel Chemical Tanker
- 33 segregated Stainless Steel cargo tanks of Duplex 2205 material
- Total cargo volume abt. 55 000 m3
- OCIMF compliant manifold arrangement and separate chemical manifold
- Consumption 21,5 MT/day at 14,0 knots at design condition
- Maximum cargo discharge rate is 3600 m3/hr
- Nitrogen capacity 4500 Nm3/hour
- Main Propulsion 7,820 Kw
- Main engine type MAN B&W 6550ME-C9.5
- NOx emission standard is Tier III
- Arranged with winching platform for pilots
- Fully enclosed bridge
- Scrubber ready design
- Favorable hull form with large propeller
- High-efficiency rudder with twisted leading edge and rudder bulb