The prestigious Global Tank Storage Awards highlight those that excel in a range of different categories relating to terminal achievements.
Tank Storage Magazine considered several factors when selecting OTK as a nominee for the award:
- OTK has high environmental and safety standards as well as a strong safety culture.
- With no LTI for more than seven years, no leaks outside of primary containment in the previous two years, and no fatalities since operations began in 2002, it has demonstrated exceptional safety record.
- OTK has received safety awards from regional governmental organizations for 2019 and 2022.
- The terminal handles safety proactively through safety improvement activities in addition to the effective safety management tools and processes.
“OTK CEO Jong-Soo Kim, the management team, and the rest of the OTK organization have all reason to be proud of their outstanding safety track record. Beyond a very low spill and incident rate, OTK serves as a benchmark and resource in our safety work across the broader Odfjell Terminals portfolio.”
– Adrian Lenning, Managing Director Terminals
Odfjell Terminals Korea is shortlisted together with GPS Chemoil, Indian Oiltanking Limited, ITC Rubis Terminal Antwerp, Oiltanking MOGS and Odfjell Terminals (Chile). The international judging panel will select the winners during the Stocexpo (Rotterdam) conference taking place March 14-16, 2023.
Do you want to help us to the top of the list? Cast your vote in the SAFETY EXCELLENCE category here.